Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Whats the Longest one hand ever put you on tilt?

This is a horrible story: but like every car wreak you can't look away. For me the story starts at home where I carfully schedualled a trip to Taj while the USPC was going on in 2007. I signed up for my first major event in my lifetime. I played Briliantly! out playing the fish and crushing the great players when the cards came through for me. I managed to grap the chip lead taking down to Big stacks b2b.

a half hour later in the BB, delt AQ suited. Button limpped. SB limpped behind at 300 -600 level. I pop it to 2100. with 40K behind. both call. I instantly put the Button on a real hand Speciffically a pair. well I flop the crap outta hand. A Q 7. I lead right out 2500. the Button repopped. shocked to call 4K more I think there is no way he hit a set - maybe maybe AK donk.

well as it turns out I only call. Mistake - ???? not really. the player had 8K and change behind. after the 4K RE- raise. so he does seem pot committed here right?


well the turn is a brick. and I weirdly check my BB position thinking pot control. He bet another 4K. thus again pot committed himself. so I took my time on the flop 4 K bet deciding that I would call any and every bet made by him.

well the river was a King. and the pot was HUGE!!! so when he moved in for another 4 K and said aloud You have to call. I knew two things One i was beat and two I did have to call.

He showed KK. I did not recover from this loss / tilt for about 3 months.
It blew me away that he committed himself there with KK with my lead out and call.

and then he got there on the river. I found him the following day - he said two things - one he was pot committed with the KK and two he took down the tourny. I had 2 losing live cash game sessions after this and have not been a winning online player since this loss. I would go to sleep at night for the next few weeks thinking about how he trapped me, i retrapped and he resucked out. unreal.

well Im back in the swing of it all. If you blog about your worst tiltever go ahead and leave a comment I'll look up your blog.

No comments: