Thursday, October 1, 2009

My $560 tourny Event #2 Borgata WPT

I bit the bullet and took a shot! this was my second lifetime tourney in the 500+ buy in level. i can support these tourneys with regular 12 NL games that I am successful player. So i was comfortable sitting in this game. I found my self having GREAT difficulty making hands. my big hands I had to lay down. I had KK cracked, I laided id down on the turn as action checked in a three way pot on the flop. I did not lead out for My poker instincts were spot on. player lead on the turn for 1k into a 1.8K pot and I dumped it, talked him in to showing set of QQQ. i had to show in return. my tourney busting hand that I got away from got me way too much respect and I could not make things happen after that.
later I dumped a hand I knew I was a coin flip with after the flop. faced with a 1K bet on the flop from a 4k short stack. i think that was my biggest error in judgement.
I had A9 diamonds Flop 9 8 6 two diamonds.
He showed AA. if I thought he had kk - TT I am ahead on this flop. but it is a virtual coin flip to call. I should have gambled here


I should have taken the flip with him for half my stack.hand I went out on was one that was a HUGE draw. limp on button with 67hearts, raised from bb 3x. I snap call with 4.2K flop is 45q two hearts. he leads with a SHOVE! i snap call. brick brick... I'd make the same call any time any where, so I was happy with my play, just not the results. 1st place was about 130K. 706 players

No comments: