Monday, June 25, 2007

Who am I you ask?

Live in NJ. Love playing live poker games. I can readally be found playing in AC with my girlfriend who now loves the game as well. We both love going to tables together and Kicking ass! I may ask her to post here with me. The reason I am starting this blog. Well it simple really - I dont have a lot of poker buddies. I have been reading HOYAZA and Fuel55 and some others, maybe Ickarass since he seems to be a monster tourny player. But I really have enjoyed how these players have set up there blog community and I'd love to make a few friends through this.

I use to work in gothem. Before Poker I was a Chess and (horrible) backgammon player. Over all I am a big loser when it comes to Poker, or at least that is what I'd like to have you believe. With a few degrees in adv math and stats I get my fair share of wins and loses.

Yesterday I pulled a rather strong showing in the 19K garentee tourny. going out on AQ against A 10 who was in the BB. Very similar to a Blog posting by Hoy, I was all in for 13000 But the BB only needs to pay 7000 or so for a big pot/ anyway he made the call, as I know he should. But I was a strong 75 % having him dominated till he floped a 10. 27th paid a hundered twenty and change. I got seriously short stacked as the game went on - card dead and when I had a hand like 66 and a suited KQ there were already 2 in front of me all in - uggggg.

Notable First hand in the tourny was a monster, AK - I decided to Over play it - at the 25 50 level. one raise and a pot raise in frong of me. I make it 520 to go. Unbelievably I get 6 callers. Thinking OMG, I guess this is going to be quick if I hit an ace - So Flop comes As K(?) 3s. hmmmm from the SB I check. and the madness begins - UTG - all in. 3 more follow to call. I insta call- what am I up against A j, Ks Js, and JJ. some one said they folded JJ's so I quaddrupple up. Nice start to a 19 K. Dimondgurl81 tells me I should be playing more hands in these tournaments. I would disagree. I have adopted a rather strong sence of when My cards are going to hold up. I prefer to stay outta the big stacks way, with marginal hands. and I never over value soooted cards. Dimondgurl won a $10 45 player Sitgo last night so she's always has my respect as a card player -

4 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Welcome sir.

Wild Deuces 2-3-4 said...

it's not a 10K pot in a cash game, but I'll take it.

Schaubs said...

Challenge me at chesshere.com

Look up Schaubs and send me a challenge

It's pretty fun, you get 3 days to make a move (you can reduce that, although it comes in handy on weekends, we usually get 4-5 moves in per day). Check out HighOnPoker too.

OR sign up and I will challenge you.

Wild Deuces 2-3-4 said...

Oh hell no! lol. I stopped playing tourny poker - Blitz only for me. I use to be a SR on USCL, but the site has since been torn down. Have not played a chess game in 3 months.