Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Nightmare hands in Cash games at AC Taj

Here is my Excel sheet I keep at work to recount the Nightmare hands I have had and tried to learn from best I can.


-450
AK Hearts
FLOP is Ace 7H QC
called 20 preflop:
heads up
check-
opp raised 50, I reraised 150. Thinking this would END THE HAND HERE AND NOW~!
opp - ALL in! AND I called too quick… Just like I take My hands off the mouse at
home to insure I THINK before I ACT…
Trip aces VS AK Turn was a heart, river was not.


-260

Limp with 44 SB $5 to see flop 4 ppl

Flop comes (4H 7S Ace H) I check TRIPS

opp - raised 20. call call

I reraised 65.

ONE opp called my raise ------Paused and only called

No supision yet TURN (2c)

I bet hundred - he goes all in - 100 to call. He goes all in Knowing the majority of my

money is in ~ AAA verse 444



SAVED MONEY HERE:
K J -150

top pair - check (KH 4H 7 ) 4 ppl See FLOP.

called 20

Made Set of kings on TURN and Checked all around me on Button - THEN to the river and

called a FULL house set of fours full 85 bucks Kept it small Because I realized opponent

Was ULTRA STRONG, RIVER - Unsuited Rag -

called -lead out 85 (after hand - opponent said He wanted me to bet to get the flush draw out,

so he could rerasie me.) I played this hand well ~ did not want to call river bet!!!


K 10 -100

FLOPPED 2 pair smoth called 35 50

did not call on river as a Q came -

opponent looked like he hit the obvious st8 - made a 50 on an unpaired board -

OBVIOUS ST8s out there - seemed like a value bet I let it go


AK clubs +165

double up - on a flopped flush Opponent had top pair top kicker

I checked it, he checked it. RISKY!!! Checked it again… He bet the turn 85. I moved all in

on him. He called. I'm not sad He had a grand at the table.

FLUSH
10 4 Spades (BB) -155

saw flop for free - checked all around made a flush - checked then bet 10 call 10 call 10

so I over played my hand hoping to win it there - Bet 100 called 50 more with a smaller flush

KQ suited -65
lost MY last $65 preflop
K Q suited VS. 88

he floped trips

2 comments:

Esquire80 said...

Here's one from this weekend at the Trop 1/2 NL. I'm at $600 or more. Opponenet is at $275. I have a good read on this guy. He's new to live poker and fumbling w/ chips. Dealer calls him twice for a string raise. He was somewhat aggressive and re-raised hard w/ AK and AQ.

I open for 15 UTG. Folded to opponent in CO- call.

Flop: 744 rainbow.
I bet 25 he comes over the top for 100 leaving himself next to nothing behind.

I tank and think and think and things didn't add up. If he's got a 77 or a 4 why play so fast? He's gotta know I got something so I re-raise him AI.

He turns over................K8o

yep, no pair no draw one naked over. Of course he spiked a K on the river.

Over $500 swing on that beauty.

Wild Deuces 2-3-4 said...

good call - My most recent trip I ran into a internet junkie- bought in for the min at a 2 5 table. managed to make a stack of 400+ and I got all of it cause I poped his only raise of the night. he made it 25. RAISE! 125. he moves... I say to him go back to tournament poker and turn over the nuts. they held- to his JJ